- 1 How to know the Holy Spirit is talking to you? How to hear holy spirit?
- 2 Does the Holy Spirit speak audibly?
- 3 Feeling the Holy Spirit for the first time
- 4 When the Holy Spirit speaks to your heart
- 5 Signs of the Holy Spirit presence
- 6 Signs the holy spirit is warning you
- 7 Is goosebumps a sign of the holy spirit?
- 8 Holy Spirit wakes you up
- 9 Who is the holy spirit and what does he do?
- 10 Holy Spirit feels like electricity
- 11 What happens when the holy spirit touches you?
- 12 Signs of anointing by the holy spirit
There are basically three spiritual voices that can communicate with a human. The Holy Spirit, the human spirit, and demonic spirits. You may wonder why angels are not mentioned in the category stated. It is because, they are ministering spirits, which are under the influence of either the Holy Spirit or the spirit of the enemy the devil.
How to know the Holy Spirit is talking to you? How to hear holy spirit?
Believers get to discern the type of voice that speaks to them, in any given situation as they grow in their relationship with God. Our subject today is how to discern the Holy Spirit is speaking to you.
The Holy Spirit usually confirms his word to believers through several signs, so that they will not be thrown into confusion when they hear him. The Holy Spirit is given as a guide to believers, he speaks but we must be able to decipher his communications with us.
The question of many believers has been, how will I know that the Holy Spirit is speaking to me?
Here I am, going to share three signs that the Holy Spirit is speaking to you:
- The Holy Spirit will never confuse you
One of the signs that you are hearing the voice of the Holy Spirit, is that he always confirms his word with clarity to your heart. Whether it be through scripture or circumstances. He does not send you mixed messages so that you are confused in what direction to take next in life, because after all, he is the Spirit of Direction.
If you hear a voice that leaves you in confusion, then it was not the Holy Spirit who spoke to you. And if this is so, what will help you discern further is your relationship with God, has it been diminishing recently?
- The Holy Spirit only speaks when necessary
One sign that the Holy Spirit is speaking to you, is when the matter he brings to your heart is relevant and necessary.
Does it have a direct bearing on your life? Is it going to be a milestone in your relationship with God if you heed his word or ignore it? Does the message bring clarity into a situation that has been confusing you? If yes, then most likely it is the Holy Spirit speaking to you.
- The Holy Spirit will lead you forward in your life
Another sign that the Holy Spirit has spoken, is when he enables you to do something new in your walk with God. He will bring a change into your world or circumstances that will cause growth in your life through his word.
For instance, you may have been struggling with sin for many years and had not found the courage to surrender your life fully to God, but the Holy Spirit will present an opportunity that will push you into making that step of faith. If this happens, then most likely it is the Holy Spirit speaking to you again.
The Holy Spirit will never allow you to remain stagnant, and if this is so, then what you hear is definitely the voice of the Holy Spirit.
He always leads believers forward in their walk with God.
Does the Holy Spirit speak audibly?
The Holy Spirit does not speak audibly, He sends confirmation. What we should know is that the Holy Spirit communicates with everyone in different ways, within the confines of the word of god.
As we grow in our walk with god his pattern of confirming his word to us may change.
What is most important is, that we know when he’s speaking to us and be sure of his signs, this is very important for every believer to know, that god is speaking to them.
There are men in the bible who did not realize that god was speaking to them, I am sure, that there are people who are reading this post right now, who have missed out on god speaking to them, because they did not know the voice of the lord.
A perfect example of this, can be found in the book of Samuel. Samuel was just a young boy, who ministered before the lord, but he had not yet known the lord. At that time god came to him and he did not know how to discern the voice of the lord, because the word of the lord had not yet been revealed to him.
It is amazing that Samuel assumed it was Eli communicating with him. Each time god called for three times Samuel would run to Eli. It was the third time Eli knew by experience, that it was the lord that had called Samuel.
Feeling the Holy Spirit for the first time
The feeling of the holy spirit for the first time is one of the most amazing feelings you can ever experience. There is no other feeling like it, and it’s something that all members of the church try to look forward to.
The best thing about this feeling, for me at least, was knowing that I had just received a personal witness from God himself that the church was true through the priesthood once again on the earth. I had been converted already but this was a more personal witness that what I had been taught up to that point was true. A confirmation from God himself that it’s all right there in front of me.
So, if you’re reading this and have not yet felt the holy spirit for the first time, I want you to know that it’s going to come and when it does, you’ll feel a different feeling than anything else you have ever experienced. It’s amazing and what you do with this knowledge is up to only you.
I only hope for those who have not yet felt the holy spirit to seek out a testimony of this gospel because I can say from experience that it’s the one true church of God on this earth.
Signs of An Apostle - How To Know If They Are Apostles? #LAD
What have you felt, when the Holy Spirit spoke to you for the first time in your life? And just like Samuel, did you know it was him speaking to you? It was Samuel that heard god’s voice, not Eli. But Eli was the one to confirm what Samuel had heard, in order for Samuel to be sure that the voice he had heard was from god, he needed Eli, so god used Eli to confirm that the voice that Samuel had heard was indeed from god.
The people god will use to confirm, what he has told us may not have a clue about what he has communicated to us. Like god used Eli, he is still using people to confirm his voice to his children. God could use a believer around you, he could also use a stranger who does not know anything about your current situation, or your current matter, god uses confirmation to clear any doubts about what he has communicated to us.
When the Holy Spirit speaks to your heart
Another sign is you have peace within your heart about a decision, a sign by which a believer can know that the Holy Spirit is speaking to him, or her is that you will have great peace in your heart about a current situation, or a decision.
There are times where god will not need to send someone to confirm what he has said, but rather he will give you inner peace of heart.
For instance, if you have prayed to god about a joint business venture, and you suddenly feel a great peace and confidence in your heart, after taking time to pray and to seek the face of the lord, concerning the subject at hand, then that is confirmation. Remember one of the fruits of the holy spirit is peace.
Are you tired of making bad decisions? Are you tired of living in regret? Here is the answer for you my friend, wait and seek the face of the lord before you make another decision. Life is full of decisions, you don’t have to make another bad decision that will cause you to fall for several years.
One decision has the ability to change the trajectory of your life, for better or for worse.
Not just your life, but the life of your family. If you are confronted with a major decision in your life, the best thing you can do for yourself and for your family, is take time to seek the face of the lord. God will answer your prayers, god will give you direction, he will tell you what is right he will tell you what is good, he will tell you what is right for your family. When god speaks, it brings peace to your soul, it brings peace to your spirit, that is one of the major signs that god is speaking to you. The peace of the lord surpasses all understanding.
Do you have peace in your decision? Some people, when they have made decisions and they turn out not to be the right decisions, you hear them saying remorsefully: “Yes I knew I shouldn’t have done, it because there was a niggling feeling I had. I couldn’t quite put my finger on it, but I disregarded it, and pushed it aside.
In retrospect they realized that god was speaking to them, then that is the importance of trying to understand and know how god speaks to you, and gives you signs. There is a great importance about seeking the face of the lord in every decision we make.
God wants to help you with your decision making, pray to him but when we pray to him we must learn to wait long enough in the place of prayer, before making our decision. If we are in too much haste, in too much of a hurry, our flesh will dictate our decision making.
Several persons, several people have rushed into trouble, and then cried out that they never had the backing of god. Most people made their material, or career, or financial decisions without seeking god’s face, and as a result, they failed.
The lord will never lead you astray he’ll give us a sign of his backing, if we care to wait on him so I encourage you today, take time to pray and seek the face of the lord.
When we think about prayer, listening isn’t generally the first thing that comes to mind, but in reality, prayer is communion with God, and that requires that we listen to what’s on god’s mind as well as us expressing what’s on our own. Prayer is a dialogue between humanity and divinity. There are two lines of communication.
Signs of the Holy Spirit presence
The last and the most important sign is that the voice of the Holy Spirit agrees with the word of god. The Holy Spirit uses to assure us that he’s speaking to us, is that he uses the scripture to back up his words.
The Holy Spirit will never instruct us against the truth that is recorded in this bible. He confirms his word through the written word of god, the bible was written through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, as such he cannot contradict himself, and therefore the word of god becomes the most reliable proof by which we can confirm the Holy Spirit.
However, believers should be careful not to be deceived by the devil, because the devil sometimes disguises himself as an angel of light, quoting scripture out of context. We can always discern the deception of the devil, because they are not correspondent with biblical truths and standards, as we grow in our relationship with the Holy Spirit our ability to discern is enhanced.
Signs the holy spirit is warning you
- The flowing air you feel around you that comes from nowhere for an inexplicable reason you can feel the breeze of air around you and it’s coming from nowhere to be seen not to worry it’s not coming from negative energy but from a spirit trying to gain your attention
- Vivid dreams and visions and a sudden flow you can have sudden visions in your dreams where people are speaking to you giving some sort of messages the messages could be about a warning a deja vu or just the way of the spirits to connect with you they are vivid dreams unlike daydreams depending on your situation a spirit will most likely appear in your dreams for you to share their messages with others involved
- Receiving abrupt messages in your head it’s a clear sign that a spirit wants to connect with you by filling in your thoughts with brief messages at some point while you’re daydreaming you receive an abrupt message pop in your head what’s unusual about it is that a spirit may talk in your head with their voices probably from someone you knew in the past
- Having cold chills or goosebumps without a particular reason having goosebumps all over your body hair is probably the most common sign a spirit is near you a spirit carefully touches your arm or something similar to show their presence around you will feel the chills so try to relax and if you’re lucky you’ll be connected with them through your dreams
- Hearing specific songs have you ever experienced hearing specific songs being played numerous times during the day on the radio this is another sign that spirit wants you to know they’re communicating with you
- A spirit’s shadow or apparition comes near you sometimes when a spirit wants you to know they’re near they will appear in front of you can see their shadows in the corner of your eyes or even through photos spirits can also do this as you close your eyes at night and you can see their apparition
- Smelling a familiar smell another clear sign a spirit is trying to contact you is through a smell spirit will try to remind us about their specific smell maybe your grandparent smells so familiar that you smell their presents once in a while that means they’re looking out for you in another world and would like to communicate with you from time to time
- Hearing your name being called do you sometimes hear someone calling out your name in the distance you would ask people around you who is calling your name but no one hears it there is no doubt the voice comes from a spirit near you that’s trying to contact you
- Seeing the same animal quite sometimes spirits tend to use animals to get your attention we see identical animals in front of us quite a lot of times a spirit is sending out their presence to you through these identical animals
Is goosebumps a sign of the holy spirit?
If someone’s telling you a story, or you’re listening to a song, or you’re reading something, or you see something and you get goosebumps, you know it’s holy spirit telling you maybe one of the different things: To tell you that this is an important topic, or to tell you that yes to do it like an affirmation of whatever you’re doing, or to sort of point you in the right direction of what you know you should be focusing on life, or what’s important in life, or just sort of to say hey we’re here.
Signs of An Apostle - How To Know If They Are Apostles? #LAD
A couple of times when I get goosebumps, and sometimes it’s like when I’m getting a sign from spirit
The other way is that, if you are listening to a story, maybe someone’s telling your story, where somebody was acting out of love, some sentimental story and you’ll get goosebumps. I think that the holy spirit is saying this is important, this is what life’s about showing love and caring about others.
Holy Spirit wakes you up
When the Holy Spirit wakes you up, is a sign that you like to be in His presence. It is a sign when you can not get enough of Him, no matter how many times He wakes you up.
When Jesus interrupts your activities to seek what he wants more than anything else. When studying the bible becomes an obsession instead of a chore and when He brings scripture alive in your understanding so strong that it brings tears to your eyes. When you are convicted of sin when He makes your heartburn for Him the way it did the first time you were saved.
At times He may even bring a scripture fully alive or make someone say something that strikes you to the core really influencing who you are becoming in Christ and all this happens very naturally and quietly so no one notices, but you.
Who is the holy spirit and what does he do?
The holy spirit is one of three parts of the triune God. He is sometimes called the giver of life, the comforter, and breath or wind, among other names.
What does he do? He teaches us all things (John 14:26), testifies to Jesus (John 15:26), guides us into all truth (John 16:13), and speaks through us when we pray, worship, or prophesy (Acts 1:2).
The holy spirit is the part of God that lives within each one of us. The other two parts are God the Father and Jesus Christ. These three make up a triune God. This means there are three separate but equal divine beings. The holy spirit is a person and he has a will, desires, and emotions (Isaiah 63:10).
He is God with us. Though each of these parts of the triune God are equally powerful and equally divine, the Father decides who goes to heaven—not the son or the holy spirit. The son died for our sins and saves us from our sins, but only the Father knows who will be saved. The holy spirit works with each one of us to help us become better people deserving of heaven.
The entire Godhead shares the divine nature, but Jesus is the only member of this triune Godhead to have a human nature as well. He had both a divine and human nature, which is why he was the only person who could live a perfect life on earth and die as payment for our sins so we can go to heaven (Colossians 2:9).
The holy spirit is also called Comforter, Spirit of Truth, Paraclete, or Advocate. The name comforter may come from the time after Jesus was crucified and had ascended to heaven. It was then that God sent the holy spirit to be with his people (John 14:16).
The names of the holy spirit show us how close he is to us. He can speak through us, be known as Comforter, and be found within us. He is willing to help guide us and teach us about God through his Word (1 John 2:20-27).
The holy spirit was sent by Jesus after his ascension into heaven (John 20:22) to teach, speak, and remind us of everything he taught while on earth (John 14:26). The holy spirit is the life-giver of Christ’s body, which is the church (Ephesians 2:22).
The holy spirit also testifies that Jesus is our savior and he helps us to obey God. He teaches, reveals truth to us, comforts, and speaks through us when we pray or create art. If we belong to Christ, the holy spirit lives within us (Romans 8:9).
The holy spirit is like a breath or wind that comes into our lives. He brings new things and helps us understand God better. In this way, he gives life to those who are dead because they don’t know Christ as their savior from sin. We are given new life by the holy spirit when we are baptized (Galatians 5:25).
The spirit of God is an uncreated being who lives with the Father and the Son. He has all of the characteristics of deity—omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence, eternal existence, etc. The father, son, and holy spirit are each equally divine. Each member of the trinity is eternal (John 17:5) and everything that exists was created by God (1 Corinthians 8:6).
Holy Spirit feels like electricity
Many Christians reported that Holy Spirit feels like electricity. I got this story from a close friend of mine that described this ‘Holy Spirit feels like electricity‘ wonderfully:
When I was young, I used to pray for the Holy Spirit to come down on me. When He would visit, which happened often enough that it became a familiar event—I’d feel this sort of tingling electricity all over my body. It made the hairs on my arms stand up because it felt similar to static cling, but there was more to it.
I could feel something similar on my face, on my eyelids, next to my earlobes, down the sides of my torso, all of which are areas of acute sense-perception. The joy I felt at being bathed in this unusual sensation was indescribable! I remember thinking that if I wasn’t careful, I’d cry in response to the sheer intensity of it.
What happened next was equally intense. The Holy Spirit would begin filling me with this sort of “on-fire” passion, a type of warmth, which would eventually overflow in an eruption of tears. It was in these moments when I’d feel as if I was about to drown from pure ecstasy. If I opened my eyes, I’d find that the room was spinning.
It felt as if I were being lifted into a state of pure bliss as He progressively filled me with His presence. In those moments, every part of my being would resonate in harmonic resonance. It felt as if the Lord were purifying me from the inside out.
In response, I’d begin to weep in a way that was both sad and joyful at the same time. It wasn’t until later when I learned about my spirit burning in His presence, defined by theologians as the biblical basis for the experience of being “on fire for God.”
Eventually, this “electricity” would travel all the way down to my feet. The next thing I knew, I’d be dancing in the spirit, a biblically-based act that is interpreted as prophecy in action. At other times it happens while you are sitting or kneeling in prayer. It’s what many people refer to as an “overflow.”
What was so beautiful about this type of encounter is that it felt completely natural. I was being baptized in the Holy Spirit, but it didn’t feel like something foreign. It’s almost as if you couldn’t be around Jesus, the author, and finisher of our faith, and not want to dance for Him, sing to Him, and tell the world about Him.
When we’re baptized in His presence, it’s as if we’ve been plunged into a divine ocean of love, completely drowned with no chance of survival. In those moments, I always wish that I could live forever, buried in this overwhelming feeling of being loved by my King.
What happens when the holy spirit touches you?
When the holy spirit touches you, the first thing you feel is a sensation that spreads through your body. It starts in your toes and fingertips and sweeps throughout you, like waves emanating from an ocean. Your mind becomes hyper-aware of every moment as if each one lasts hours. You sense how everything hangs on a thread, though this feeling does not make you nervous or afraid; instead, you feel safe and secure.
The holy spirit fills your heart with warmth like nothing else in this world. You begin to cry, not because you are sad or hurt, but because of how much love the spirit brings you. You know that all is well in this world and in the universe beyond and that in everything there is a divine plan.
The holy spirit feels like a wave of fire washing over you, lighting up your body and soul with its vibrant warmth and energy. This feeling moves through your whole being and brings you alive and awake in a way that makes it feel like you’ve never done anything or been anywhere before. This experience feels like the first moment of your life.
When the holy spirit touches you, it feels like your whole body is consumed in a fire of light that is so hot and bright that you can’t see anything else or tell where you end and everything else begins. While it is burning away all the darkness in your soul, this fire fills you with immeasurable love and understanding.
As the spirit touches you, it feels like your heart is opening up and blossoming into a flower of tremendous size and beauty. You feel all the love that has ever existed or will exist in this world flow through you–as if all creation is united as one by this feeling alone.
Signs of anointing by the holy spirit
What are the signs of anointing by the holy spirit ?
- Love drawing people – being a center of the church, as the one who is drawing people into God’s presence.
- Love being around people – not becoming isolated from society or congregations.
- Love helping people – caring for those in need and hurting others, including those outside your community.
- Love affirmation from others – being validated by those you least expect to support you.
- Love healing – the ability to heal those in need, or at least wanting to help.
- Love miracles and signs – having an awareness of God’s power working within you, and become involved in faith-healing or faith-related activities.
- Love hearing from God – being able to hear directly from Him without others interpreting His will for you.
- Love being a part of the holy spirit’s voice – being able to hear God speaking through you, or hearing from Him with others present.
- Love preaching and teaching – having a hunger for sharing who Jesus is and what His Word says.
- Love comfort in your soul – finding solace from within when life seems hard, or from within or through other people.
- Love the Lord – preferring God’s will over your own, and having a deep connection with Him.
- Love praise – enjoying worship music and singing; using instruments for this is also common.
- Love unity – working hard at maintaining peace, harmony, and agreement among church members, even if it means revising your position or perspectives.
- Love persecution – not thinking you’re better than anyone, and receiving criticism as God’s way of purifying you.
- Love mercy – willing to seek forgiveness for yourself and others; being quick to reconcile with those who have offended you.
- Love humility – being aware that everything you have is a gift from God, including His love, favor, grace, presence, and protection.
- Love justice – seeking to make the world a better place by promoting fairness for all, including those who are less fortunate or don’t have voices at all.
- Love self control – being able to take charge of yourself when you feel like giving up, letting go, or ‘flying off the handle’.
- Love being committed – being steadfast to your community, not wanting to leave them or desert them.
- Love loving God with all your heart, mind, and soul – knowing that He is the priority of everything you do, including all other relationships.
- Love living in holiness – striving for purity before God and consistent obedience.
- Love hope – looking to God for your future, trusting in His help and guidance when needed.
- Love joy – experiencing happiness in the Lord because He fills every area of life with abundant blessings that are overflowing.
- Love peace – able to calm yourself or others when tensions arise, being generous with forgiveness, even if it’s undeserved.
- Love patience – finding it easy to wait for God’s timing, rather than having to rush ahead; being tolerant with others.
- Love faith – believing wholeheartedly in God’s power and promises; having strong convictions about who He is and what He says.
- Love the Holy Spirit – desiring a deeper relationship with Him, wanting to follow His ways instead of your own desires.
- Love being a witness to Jesus – leaning on Him for everything, not ashamed of who He is or what He’s done.
These are just some of the signs of anointing by the holy spirit, that originate from God, showing that He loves you and has called you into His kingdom. May these words strengthen your faith in Christ.